User-friendly and versatile TVs for great TV moments
The X400 series stands for an awakening in LED TV technology. Viewers enjoy sharp images in high resolution paired with user-friendliness. EPG, USB recording, favourite channel list and the personal channel editor enable an individually tailored entertainment system – available in different screen sizes with triple tuner. The exclusive image processing and optimization do the rest.
- Built-in DVB-T2/C/S2 tuner
- USB for recording and multimedia
- Image Quality Ratio 100
- CI+ slot for conditional access to Pay TV
- Radiant colours and broad colour spectrum
- Sharpness and fluidity to moving images
- Electronic Programme Guide (EPG)
- Favourite channel lists
- Parental control
- Exceptional contrast and realistic pictures
(2) STRONG cannot guarantee the playback of files although extensions are listed, as it depends on the codec, bit rate and resolution
(3) Availability depending on broadcast
|Image Quality Ratio (IQR)||100|
|Panel brightness (cd/m²)||>200 nits|
|Response time typ. (in ms)||9|
|Favourite channel list|
|Sat: DiSEqC 1.0|
|ANT in (IEC terrestrial/cable)|
|SAT in (F Sat)|
|Sound type||Stereo, Mono L/R|
|Speakers||2 x 6 W|
|Screen size (cm/inch)||101/40"|
|Bezel width in mm||13.8/13.8/13.8/20.7|
|Thickness in mm (without stand)||86.5|
|Size (WxDxH) in mm||907 x 212 x 557|
|Size (WxDxH) in mm (without stand)||907 x 86.5 x 520|
|Weight in kg||7,50|
|Weight without stand in kg||7,30|
|Packaging dimension in mm||974x156x608|
|Power consumption working (max./typ.)||74 W/55 W|
|Power consumption in standby||<0.5W|
|Energy efficiency class||A|
|Wall-mount VESA size in mm (not included)||200x100|
**Availability depending on broadcast
Subject to alterations. In consequence of continuous research and development technical specifications, design and appearance of products may change. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby Audio and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries. All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Check if the fuse or circuit breaker is working.
- Plug another electrical device into the outlet to make sure it is working or turned on.
- The power plug is in bad contact with the outlet
- Check the signal source.
- Change the colour system.
- Adjust the saturation.
- Try another channel. Black-white programme may be received.
- Change the batteries.
- The batteries are not installed correctly.
- Main power is not connected.
- Adjust the brightness and contrast.
- Broadcasting failure may happen.
- Press the volume up button to increase the volume.
- The volume is set to mute, press [MUTE] to restore the sound.
- Change the sound system.
- Broadcasting failure may happen.
lamps and hair driers. Adjust the antenna to minimize the
If the antenna is located in the fringe area of a television signal where the signal is weak, the picture may be marred by dots, show blocking or break-ups. When the signal is extremely weak, it may be necessary to install
a special antenna to improve the reception.
- Adjust the position and orientation of the indoor/outdoor antenna.
- Check the connection of the antenna.
- Fine tune the channel.
- Try another channel. Broadcasting failure may happen.
is the direct path, the other is reflected from tall buildings,
hills, or other objects. Changing the direction or position of the
antenna may improve the reception.
some case, loss of contrast in the picture. Find out and remove the
radio interference source.
use a USB storage device with sufficient speed and space. Pen drives
(USB sticks) may not support sufficient speed.
- Cables might have loosened; moisture might have entered into cables or connectors, heavy rain at present or heavy storm at present.
Check the cable connections, LNB and other equipment connected between the LNB and the receiver, or peak the dish.
Wait for rain/storm to subside. Ask a local satellite specialist for advice.
- The satellite dish is not pointing at the (correct) satellite(s).
Adjust the dish. Ask a local satellite specialist for advice.
- Satellite dish is too small, trees or buildings in path.
Change to a larger dish or change position of dish.
- Signal is too strong, dish is oversized.
Connect a signal attenuator to the LNB input. Ask a local satellite specialist for advice.
Make sure your dish installation is up to standards to
minimize rain effects. When in doubt, ask a local satellite
specialist for advice.