Enjoy the world of Android
With SRT 2221 you can enjoy videos, music, photos, install games and applications, surf the Internet via LAN or Wi-Fi, share content on social media and much more! It brings a lot of fun and practical features. Furthermore, you can also watch terrestrial Free-To-Air programmes in HD as SRT 2221 also includes a DVB-T2 tuner. USB recording function, Timeshift, favourite lists and many other extras make this little Android box just perfect.
- IPTV receiver with built-in DVB-T2 tuner for FTA TV & radio
- Remote control with Air Mouse function and keyboard
- Dolby® Digital and Dolby® Digital Plus
- User-friendly and easy to handle interface
- Easy connection to the Internet via in-built Wi-Fi® or cable
- Video streaming from the Internet
- Share content with friends via social network apps
- Picture gallery, video player, music library
- Supports the new standard HEVC/H.265
- Quad Core Cortex- A5 1.5 GHz CPU
(2) Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
(3) Some apps might not be available in your country or region. Download speed is depending on your Internet connection.
(4) STRONG cannot guarantee the playback of all files although extensions are listed, as it depends on file size, codec, bit rate and resolution
(5) Availability depending on broadcaster
|Reception||IPTV & DVB-T2|
|High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC / H.265)|
|Channel memory capacity||8000|
|Electronic Programm Guide (EPG)|
|Booking of events via EPG|
|Multiliungual subtitling and audio track support|
|Multi-lingual on-screen menu|
|Automatic, network and manual channel scan options|
|Chipset||Amlogic S805 Quad Core|
|Main Memory||DDR3, 1GB|
|Flash Memory||eMMC: 8GB|
|USB recording / Timeshift|
|Aspect ratio||Auto, Full Screen|
|Video resolution||1080p, 1080i, 720p|
|Video Decoding||MPEG-4/ H.264/H.265(HEVC) ASP@L5 up to 1080p@60fps (max 30 Hz)|
|Video File Formats||mkv, wmv, mpg, mpeg, dat, avi, mov, iso, mp4, rm, jpg, bmp, gif|
|Audio mode||Dolby® Digital/ Dolby® Digital Plus*, MPEG-1 layer1/2, WMA,WMA Pro, WMV, MEPG,OGG, GA, FLAC, ALAC, Mono, L/R, Stereo|
|Digital audio S/PDIF|
|Android Version||4.4.2 "KitKat"|
|Supply voltage||100 - 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||18 W max., 7.3 W typ.|
|Power consumption in standby||max. 0.50 W|
|Size (W x D x H) in mm||130 x 130 x 28|
|Net-weight in kg||0.26|
Subject to alterations. In consequence of continuous research and development technical specifications, design and appearance of products may change. Android and Google Wallet are trademarks of Google Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®. Skype is a trade mark of Skype and STRONG is not affiliated, sponsored, authorised or otherwise associated by/with the Skype group of companies. HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries. Manufactured under licence from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby Audio and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
The remote control is incorrectly aimed. The USB adapter of the remote control has been removed.
Aim the remote control at the receiver, or check that
nothing blocks the path to the receiver front. Insert the USB adapter
belonging to the remote control.
- The antenna is disconnected.
- The antenna is damaged or misaligned.
- The cable between the antenna and the receiver is damaged or the cable is not connected properly.
- An active antenna is connected that requires a power supply via the signal cable.
- The input on the TV was not chosen corresponding to the output of the receiver.
- Connect the antenna cable.
- Check the antenna and its position.
- Check the condition of the cable and check that everything is connected.
- Activate the power to the antenna in the menu of the receiver.
- Select the correct input of the TV for connecting the receiver.
Check the cable.
- Wrong input on the TV
- The connections are not done properly.
The quality of the connected cables is insufficient.
- Check whether the correct HDMI input on your HDTV is selected.
- Ensure that the connections are done correctly and are fitting well to the connected input/output.
Check that the quality of all cables is good. Reconnect all cables between the receiver and the TV set.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi network is connected and the security key for the encrypted network is correct.
- Make sure you select the correct IP address settings.