Convenient HDTV receiver with recording function
STRONG's SRT 8501 is a great HD receiver for reception of digital terrestrial TV programmes in Ukraine. The USB connector allows you to record programmes to and play video, music and photo files from an external USB device. Quick installation, ease-of-use, excellent pictures in HD and support of audio in Dolby® Digital*, an Electronic Programme Guide and favourite lists make this model the perfect choice.
- Terrestrial HDTV Receiver for DVB-T2 and DVB-T
- High Definition and Standard Definition
- USB port for recording of TV programmes
- Supports Dolby® Digital and Dolby® Digital Plus
- 400 channels memory capacity
- Channel numbering as given by the operator
- Electronic TV Programme Guide (EPG)
- Booking and editing of timers directly in the EPG
- Infrared extender for freedom of placement
- Multi-lingual support of on screen menu (OSD)
(2) STRONG cannot guarantee the playback of all files although extensions are listed, as it depends on file size, codec, bit rate and resolution
(3) Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
(4) Availability depending on broadcaster
|PayTV||T2 Ukraine (Zeonbud)|
|Smart Card Slot|
|Channel memory capacity||400|
|Electronic Programm Guide (EPG)|
|Booking of events via EPG|
|Software update||OTA / USB|
|Multiliungual subtitling and audio track support|
|Multi-lingual on-screen menu|
|Automatic, network and manual channel scan options|
|Support of active antenna by 5 V output|
|Automatic standby function|
|USB recording / Timeshift|
|Aspect ratio||4:3 & 16:9, Letterbox, Pan & Scan, Авто|
|Video resolution||576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080р|
|Audio mode||MonoL/R, Stereo|
|Antenna power||5 V|
|Digital audio S/PDIF|
|Supply voltage||АС 100 – 240 V ~ 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||8 W max (with USB device connected)|
|Power consumption in standby||0.40 W (without USB device connected)|
|Size (W x D x H) in mm||162 x 112 x 35|
|Net-weight in kg||0,21|
Subject to alterations. In consequence of continuous research and development technical specifications, design and appearance of products may change. Irdeto is a registered trademark of Irdeto Access B.V. HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC
in the United States and other countries. Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- The power plug is not connected.
- The receiver is connected to the main power through an extender and the power is OFF.
- Check the connection of the receiver to the main power.
Check the connection of cable to the receiver.
- Turn the power of extender ON.
- The antenna is disconnected.
- The antenna is damaged/misaligned.
- The cable between the antenna and the receiver is damaged. Possible bad connections in the cable system.
- Out of digital signal area.
- An indoor or outdoor antenna requires turning the antenna power/external power ON.
- The signal amplifier is failed.
- An active antenna requires turning the antenna power/external power ON.
- Connect the antenna cable.
- Check the antenna and its position.
- Make sure that the cable is in good condition.
Check proper connections.
- Check with your dealer or Technical support service.
- Make sure the antenna adaptor is connected to the mains.Probably, the antenna amplifier failed.
- Replace the signal amplifier of antenna.
- Make sure to enable antenna power from the receiver menu (see chapter <6.1.1>).
Probably it is required to change the antenna height mounting.
Probably your antenna does not provide the qualitative signal reception at all the frequency channels and it is required to replace the antenna or the signal amplifier.
- Wrong input is selected at the TV for the receiver connection.
- Connector is not properly joined.
- Select the proper input at the TV for the receiver connection.
- Check if the cable is properly joined to the TV outputs. Disconnect the receiver and the TV from the mains. Disconnect the cable, joining the receiver and TV, from both equipments. Connect the cable again and make sure it is properly and tightly connected.
- Weak signal level due to worsening of weather conditions.
- Antenna is damaged or iced over. The cable from the antenna to the receiver is damaged.
- Indoor antenna was bent and did not provide proper signal level.
- Antenna amplifier failed.
- Power supply of indoor active antenna is turned off.
- For the stable signal reception with bad weather conditions, you might need to replace your antenna with one having better parameters.
- Check if antenna and cable are not damaged.
- Place antenna in primary coverage zone. Check the level and the quality of a signal (refer section <6.5>).
- Replace the antenna amplifier.
- Activate the antenna supply at the receiver menu (refer section). Error! Reference source is not found.
Keep the remote control sensor area clear from obstacles.
The receiver is turned off.
Replace the batteries.
Point the remote control at the infrared sensor.
Take away the obstacles from sensor area.
Turn the receiver off and on.