Have fun with the impressive HDTV receiver
Relax and have fun with SRT 8528. It is a perfect choice for watching Free-To-Air and evotv channels in HD quality. It is a superior model in a fashionable design matching HD expectations. Extremely bright and clear picture as well as excellent sound quality let you enjoy a new world of watching TV. The receiver is equipped with the latest convenient extras: USB recording, multimedia, EPG with booking function, the very latest power saving technology and much more.
- Terrestrial HDTV Receiver for DVB-T2 and DVB-T
- High Definition and Standard Definition
- USB port for recording, multimedia and software updates
- 400 channels memory capacity
- Excellent audio and video quality
- Electronic TV Programme Guide (EPG)
- Energy saving: automatic standby function
- 30 event timers, 4 favourite lists
- Parental control for locking channels
- Teletext, subtitling, audio track support
(2) STRONG cannot guarantee the playback of all files although extensions are listed, as it depends on file size, codec, bit rate and resolution
(3) Availability depending on broadcaster
|Channel memory capacity||400|
|Electronic Programm Guide (EPG)|
|Booking of events via EPG|
|Software update||USB, OTA|
|Multiliungual subtitling and audio track support|
|Multi-lingual on-screen menu|
|Automatic, network and manual channel scan options|
|Support of active antenna by 5 V output|
|Automatic standby function|
|Flash Memory||8 MB|
|USB recording / Timeshift|
|Aspect ratio||4:3 and 16:9, Letterbox, Pan & Scan, Auto|
|Video resolution||576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|Audio mode||Mono L/R, Stereo|
|Antenna power||5 V|
|Digital audio S/PDIF|
|Audio RCA (L/R)|
|Supply voltage||AC 100 – 240 V ~ 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||6.0 W (typ.), 10.0 W (max.)|
|Power consumption in standby||max. 5.5 W|
|Size (W x D x H) in mm||210 x 145 x 49|
|Net-weight in kg||0,58|
Subject to alterations. In consequence of continuous research and development technical specifications, design and appearance of products may change. Irdeto is a registered trademark of Irdeto Access BV. All other product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- The power plug is not connected
- The receiver is connected to the main power through an extender and the power is OFF.
- Check the connection of the receiver to the main power.
- Turn the power extender ON.
- The antenna is disconnected.
- The antenna is damaged/misaligned.
- The cable between the antenna and the receiver is damaged. Possible bad connections in the cable system.
- Out of digital signal area.
- An active antenna requires turning the antenna power/external power ON.
- Connect the antenna cable.
- Check the antenna and its position.
- Make sure that the cable is in good condition.
Check proper connections.
- Check with your dealer or find out via: www.evotv.hr
- Make sure to enable antenna power from the receiver menu (see chapter
<6.2.1>) or use an external power supply for active antenna.
- HDMI/SCART/AV is not selected on your TV or the amplifier or is set to a higher resolution than the TV supports
TV is not switched on
- Connections are not done properly.
Quality of connected cables insufficient.
- Switch to correct TV input
Select lower resolution via receiver
Switch on TV
- Please ensure that the connections are done correctly and are fitting
well to the connected input/output Check that the quality of all
cables is good. Reconnect all cables between the receiver and TV set.
- Low signal level due to bad weather conditions.
- The antenna is damaged or covered by ice (winter time). Damaged cable from antenna to receiver.
- The indoor antenna has been moved from a good position and does not provide the necessary signal level anymore.
- For good signal reception you may need to realign/replace antenna.
- Check the antenna and cables.
- Setup the antenna at a better position. Check the signal level and quality (see chapter <5.3.2>)
subscription or you have not been patient enough to wait until the
channel of your basic subscription has opened. If the problem
persists, please contact the support of your service provider. Support
contact information can be found in the enclosed brochure.
- Batteries are exhausted/wrongly inserted.
Receiver powered or switched off.
Remote not aimed correctly.
IR sensor obstructed/disturbed.
- The IR sensor is covered up by some object (obstacle between RCU and receiver).
- The receiver is switched off.
- Replace the batteries/check the correct polarity.
Plug in/turn on the receiver.
Point your remote towards the front panel.
Check for obstructions, other possible influence.
- Remove obstacles between RCU and receiver.
- Turn the receiver ON.
Bigger sized HDD connected.
USB 1.1/3.0 device connected.
Bigger size HDD or HDDs with more partitions might need longer time to be detected.
The receiver might not properly work with such an USB device
restrictions, due to this reason you may not be able to perform the