HD receiver with access to STRONG's Internet portal
SRT 8530 is a superior digital HD receiver for DVB-T2 encrypted Irdeto cloaked and Free-To-Air programmes. The receiver is perfectly equipped with access to STRONG’s Internet portal for a truly interactive TV experience with news, information, web videos, social media and video on demand. The sharp pictures and marvellous sound quality will enchant you. The wide range of comfortable features let you enjoy a new world of watching TV and the interactivity of STRONG's Internet portal.
- Terrestrial HDTV Receiver for DVB-T2 and DVB-T
- Suited for reception of DVB-T2 Ukrainian
- Connectivity to STRONG’s internet portal
- Great interactive TV experiences
- Access to news, web videos, social media
- High Definition and Standard Definition
- USB: recording, multimedia, software updates
- 400 channels memory capacity
- Electronic TV Programme Guide (EPG)
- Booking and editing of timers directly in the EPG
(2) Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
(3) Availability depending on broadcaster
|PayTV||T2 Ukraine (Zeonbud)|
|Channel memory capacity||400|
|Electronic Programm Guide (EPG)|
|Booking of events via EPG|
|Software update||USB , OTA, Internet|
|Multiliungual subtitling and audio track support|
|Multi-lingual on-screen menu|
|Automatic, network and manual channel scan options|
|Support of active antenna by 5 V output|
|Automatic standby function|
|Main Memory||DDR: 512 MB|
|Flash Memory||SPI: 2MB, NAND: 128MB|
|USB recording / Timeshift|
|Aspect ratio||4:3 Letterbox, Pan&Scan, 16:9 Pillarbox, Widescreen, combined|
|Video resolution||576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p|
|Audio mode||Mono L/R, Stereo|
|Antenna power||5 V|
|Digital audio S/PDIF|
|Audio RCA (L/R)|
|Supply voltage||AC 100 – 240 V ~ 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||10.00 W (typ.), 24.00 W (max)|
|Power consumption in standby||max. 1.00 W|
|Size (W x D x H) in mm||194 x 156 x 45|
|Net-weight in kg||0.39|
- Power adapter is not connected to the outlet.
- The power ON/OFF switch of the receiver is in OFF position.
- The power adapter of the receiver is connected to mains through an
extender and the power switch on the extender is in OFF position.
- Check the connection of the receiver to the power adapter and the adapter to the mains.
- Turn the power switch to ON.
- Turn the power extender ON.
- The antenna is disconnected.
- The antenna is damaged or not aligned.
- The cable between the antenna and the receiver is damaged. Possible bad connections in the cable system.
- Digital terrestrial broadcast is absent in the territory.
- An active antenna which requires power is connected.
- Check the antenna cable.
- Check the antenna and the position of the antenna.
- Make sure that the cable is in good condition. Check proper connections.
- Check with your dealer.
- Make sure to enable antenna power from the receiver menu (see chapter
<6.2.1>) or use external power supply for the antenna.
- HDMI/SCART/AV is not selected on your TV or the amplifier or is set to a higher resolution than the TV supports.
TV is not switched on.
- Connections are not done properly.
Quality of the connected cables is insufficient.
- Switch to the correct TV input.
Select a lower resolution via receiver.
Switch on the TV.
- Please ensure that the connections are done correctly and are fitting well to the connected input/output.
Check that the quality of all cables is good. Reconnect all cables between the receiver and the TV set.
- Low signal level due to bad weather conditions.
- The antenna is damaged or covered by ice (winter time). Damaged cable from antenna to receiver.
- The indoor antenna has been moved from a good position and does not provide necessary level of signal.
- The power of the active indoor antenna is disabled.
- For stable reception of the signal you may need to replace the antenna to a better one.
- Check the antenna and the cable.
- Setup the antenna at a better position. Check the signal level and quality (see chapter <5.5>).
- Enable the antenna power as described in chapter <6.2.1>.
subscription or you have not been patient enough to wait until the
channel of your basic subscription has opened. If the problem
persists, please contact the support of your service provider.
Support contact information can be found in the enclosed brochure.
- The batteries are exhausted/wrongly inserted.
The remote control is not aimed correctly.
The IR sensor obstructed/disturbed.
- The IR sensor is covered by an object (obstacle between remote control and receiver).
- The receiver is switched off.
- Replace the batteries/check the correct polarity.
Point your remote control towards the front panel.
Check for obstructions, or other possible influence.
- Remove the obstacles between the remote control and the receiver.
- Plug in/turn on the receiver.
- Cable is not connected to Ethernet port
- Incorrect settings in the Ethernet configuration menu
- Temporary problems at your ISP
- Check cable to be connected firmly from both sides
- Check settings. Call to specialist, if necessary.
- Call your ISP for more information.