SRT 8222 - SW v1.5.1 - 12/06/2020
Here you can download the new software for your receiver. Please uncompress the downloaded zip file and read the instructions carefully before you load the firmware into your receiver! The zip file consists of:
1) Firmware: SRT8222_1_2_6.bin
2) Release notes
3) Update Instruction:
USB Software Update for SRT 8222
The following manual describes the procedure for a software update at your receiver via your PC and portable USB storage device.
- PC, Laptop or other operating system with USB 2.0 port. Other systems might require different procedures.
- External USB device formatted in FAT 32
Note: Please check/ensure that power consumption of your USB device is not higher than 5 V/500 mA. In case of higher power consumption, please use a corresponding line adapter before connecting to your receiver.
Procedure at your PC:
1. Connect an USB device to your USB port at the PC (or similar device) properly. Usually your PC displays a message for a new found/connected hardware (removable disk). If this is not the case directly you may need to wait for driver installation of this USB device.
2. Save the zipped file to the root directory of this connected USB device. Unpack the file there (right mouse click: "Unpack here…" or double click and extract, then choose the root directory to save the file).
3. Now the .bin file from the downloaded package should be in the root directory of the connected USB device.
4. Remove the USB device from your PC by pressing the right mouse button at task bar to "Safely remove hardware" in order to avoid any problems.
Procedure at your Receiver:
Switch ON your receiver and connect the USB device with the software file (in the root directory) to the connector at the receiver. After the USB device has been successfully detected, you can perform the software update according to the following steps:
1. Press MENU button to enter Main Menu. Select System with the ◄► buttons and use ▲▼ to select Software Update then press OK to open this menu.
2. Now select USB Upgrade with ▲▼ and press OK.
3. After the update file has been detected correctly and successfully, the filename will be displayed. Use ▲▼ to select it and press OK to start the update process.
4. Now the receiver will reboot to “Upgrading…” screen with blue background. Please wait patiently until the receiver finished!
Note di rilascio
Release Notes for SW Version 1.5.8 from 25.01.2021
Following improvements were realised in this software version:
• Auto scan process detect and store better weaker channels
• Improve scan processes
• Fix for record and time shift functions.
• Selection language Italian will be disabled PVR.
NEVER disconnect the USB device from the receiver, the receiver from the main or switch OFF power during the update procedure. It can damage your receiver and warranty will void! As soon as the update has been finished, the receiver restarts automatically!
With the download of this software you confirm, that any risk of usage shall not be passed to STRONG!